Purpose: adding events will give your members visibility to all of the events (practices, games, tournaments, etc.) that are going on for your organization.
- A calendar page needs to be added by a member of Sport Ngin if you don't already have it included on your website.
- Tags are cached (remembered) so once a Sport Ngin users selects tags on the calendar page for the relevant events, the system will remember those tags.
See the step-by-step instructions below or click here for the on-demand video.
Step 1: Log In
Step 2: Select Edit Mode
Step 3: Select the Calendar Page
Step 4: Add Event
Step 5: Select Show Tag Menu and select the pages you would like to tag the event to
Step 6: Select Tag(s)
Step 7: Configure Setting for Event
Enter When the event occurs (date and time of event)
- Event Name
- When the event occurs (date and time of event)
- Optional: Repeats - default is 'Does not repeat' (choices include: daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Optional: Location (example, Target Field)
- Check the box if you would like to Include a Link to your location
- Optional: Description
- Optional: Check Box to Enable Page Elements on the Event Page (when a user clicks on the event from the calendar it will bring them to a full view of the Event details.
- Enabling Page Elements allows you to add additional content to this Event using Page Elements and Layout Containers. (example, you can upload a photo using the Single Photo Page Element or a document using the Document page element)
Step 8: Click Create This Event
To Edit or Delete an Event: Select the Event in the calendar, click the Settings icon and select Delete.